The curtain goes up on 21st June 2019 for the 68th Festival Internacional de Música y Danza.
The festival lasts for 17 days right up until Friday 12 July 2019.
With artists, musicians and dancers coming from around the world to perform, this magical event takes place within the grounds of the Alhambra palace.
2019 Music & Dance Festival in Granada
- Dates: From Friday 21st June to Friday 12th July 2019.
- Venue: Alhambra Palace, Granada – Different locations around the grounds.
- Ticket sales are Online from Mid April> Granada Festival Tickets
- Ticket office at Corral del Carbon, off Calle Reyes Católicos (seen below)
Below are some of the concerts with Ticket availabilty:
- Thursday 11th July 2019
- Genre: Classical Music
- Location: Generalife Theatre, Alhambra Palace Grounds.
- Description: This prestigious French Ballet from Toulouse perform the classic Ballet Giselle. Directed by French choreographer Kader Belarbi. Refreshments are served outside with views over Granada and the Alhambra in the interval.
- Thursday 4th July 2019
- Time: 10.30pm
- Genre: Flamenco
- Location: Teatro Isabel la Catolica, Puerta Real.
- Description: Olga Pericet, a flamenco dancer & choreographer from Cordoba won the National Dance Award last year 2018, one of the highest accolades in Spain. Her performance entitled ´an infinite body´ is inspired on Carmen Amaya.
- Tuesday 9th July 2019
- Time: 10.30pm
- Genre: Piano
- Location: Auditorio Manuel de Falla (opposite Hotel Alhambra Palace)
A 60 minute piano recital (no interval) by Kristian Bezuidenhout, born in South Africa and trained in Australia.
Some of the classical pieces during the concert are:
- Clara Schumann – 4 Píèces fugitives, op. 15 & Romance en la menor
- Felix Mendelssohn – Preludio y Fuga en mi menor, WoO 13 & Tres fantasías o caprichos, op. 16
- Johannes Brahms – Intermezzo, op. 117 núm. 1
- Waltzes, op. 39 (selección) Intermezzo, op. 117 núm. 3
- Lieder ohne Worte (selección)