2012 has been a very busy year. As we begin 2013 I thought I´d look through what I got up to last year with my Granada blog and see what my highlights were.
- January – Even before my blog began I was collaborating with Family Life in Spain. An excellent resource for people moving to Spain. The second Newsletter came out in January 2012 including my article about a Clearing out post Christmas. You can Read it here on p.23
- February was my birthday & I celebrated in style with a party with a Carnival style theme. The venue was an open roof top terrace with views of Granada. We had free Paella for everyone. I had a great time catching up with friends that day. It was very sunny for February. I was even lucky with the weather. Thanks to all those that came to celebrate with me!
- In March I wrote a guest post for this is Spain - The subject was Earthquakes in Spain which fascinates me as Granada is a seismic area. Here´s the full article: Earthquake!
- April was very exciting month. My personal highlight was being featured in an Interview in the local press, Granada Digital. We discussed Granada´s Easter week in Spanish. Here´s the link: Semana Santa en Granada – 11 April 2012
- In May Happy was an understatement when I was Featured on the cool Travel Blog Nomadic Samuel – with this post A quirky travel story in Granada, Spain
- As the temperatures in Granada soared in June I had a 5 page feature in the Telegraph Expat special on Moving to Spain. Here´s the huge file PDF File – Spain Guide – Telegraph Expat (I´m on pages 69-74) Also in June 2012 I was Included on the Thomson The Ultimate Guide to Spain: Thomson Uk – Spain Guide
- In July there were several collaborations that I worked on but one of my favourite pieces was for Family in Spain. My article is on p.32: Coping with the Heat. July FIS Newsletter It´s useful information for anyone visiting or living in hot places around the world.
- Even though the thermometers hit 40ºC in Granada in August I still kept typing away. Telegraph Expat featured me as a Top Expat on Twitter – Molly Sears Piccavey I also had my first Television appearance on Local TV in Granada, Spain. The programme called La Ratonera is in Spanish and was a full 30 minute interview. Click here to see the programme: La Ratonera By the way I didn’t have the questions given to me beforehand (as I would have liked to prepare my answers…)
- In September I travelled North to Girona to TBEX Europe A networking event for Travel Bloggers from all over the world. Great to meet lots of fellow bloggers there and make new friends too. While I was there I took part in Get your guide competition for Speed Blogging. I actually came second place. Thanks for your support and vote!
- October was yet another busy month. I was happy to be featured on Money Saver Spain´s Website about Granada Free and Cheap Ways To See The City I also wrote a guest post on the Expat Hub shiny new website Observations of a Long term Expat
- November was cold and rainy in Granada so I hunkered down and read. My book review for the Books4Spain website was:Voices of Angels – Hannah Davies I adored reading this book and was sad when I finished it. Also in November my Granada blog was recommended by 2s Company Travel on their list of Blogs we love. I travelled to Valencia and got to put faces to names at the WABAS meeting in November. Great to meet you all!
- And before we knew it the month of December hadarrived, I began thinking about Christmas but not actually getting anything ready. (not like organized me at all!) But I did enjoy working with Liz from Young Adventures on this Budget Breakdown for 30 Cities To end the year on a high I was included in this wonderful list of Must Read Spain blogs
Still not enough detail? Check out the FULL list of my collaborations in 2012.
I wonder what 2013 will have in store for me & my Granada blog ?