Best Tapa in Granada
This month Granada Tapas Bars Festival begins.
Granada de Tapas is on from Monday 25th de February until Thursday 14th March 2019. Chefs from Granada will present this foodie festival to showcase one of the main attractions of Granada, locally produced food and it´s Tapas culture.
These high quality tapas will be on sale throughout the festival.
See thsi map of the 70 participating restaurants + Tapas bars.
Granada Tapas Competition
Cervezas Alhambra are also running a Social Media competition alongside the Tapas Festival.
Win dinner for 4 at Puesto 43 the winning restaurants from last years edition. Not only will you be greeted by the Chef herself, there will also be a Beer Sommilier on hand to pair your food with Cervezas Alhambra and a DJ to liven up the evening,
How to participate:
Share on Instagram one of the participating Tapas in this years edition.
- Take a photo of one of this years Tapas
- Tag the restaurant or tapas bars in the photo
- Use hashtags: #GranadadeTapas2019 #cervezasalhambra
Terms & Conditions (in Spanish) Bases legales de la promoción “Granada Tapas 2019”
Local Granada Tapas with me
If you want to discover Local Chefs, Traditional Businesses and the best foodie corners of Granada.
Come along with me and experience the Taste of Granada Tour. Each day this city walk leads you to some of the local shops to sample different products grown in the province.
You will also get to see creations of local chefs and step into family run businesses spanning 4-5 generations.
Choose the morning tour starting at 11am or the evening route at 6pm (everyday except Sunday or local holidays)
Spain Food Sherpas
At the moment Spain Food Sherpas are kindly offering Piccavey readers 10% off for these tours.
Use when booking on their website with the promo code on the voucher above.
Foodies visiting the Alhambra can also enjoy local produce and Andalusian culture when staying in the city.
Granada de Tapas
The winners will be decided on Saturday 17th March at Granada Town Hall.
Local Tapas Bars show their best offerings during this food week in Granada
Tasting New Dishes
Typically there are hundreds of entries in each edition so its a great way to showcase the best creations and quality produce from the local area.
Over the tapas festival enjoying a tapas crawl around Granada, when the winter is coming to a close is a fun evening out.
Tapas Bars Compete
So how do they choose the winner? A panel of Food Critics & Hospitality experts taste all the entries from until they have managed to sample them all. A short list is prepared and from that the winners are decided.
There are three selected for 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.
Granada Tapas Winners
- 1st place: Restaurante Puesto 43 – Chef Blanca Sánchez created ´sin raspa por favor´
- 2nd place: Carmen de San Miguel – Gin Tocino with Tea & Honey
- 3rd place: Restaurante Sancho Original – Suspiro andalusí
- Food pairing award: Restaurante Casa Torcuato Albayzín – New Remojón Granadino
Granada de Tapas Festival
In the previous edition around 100 restaurants took part in the competition,
There will be Best Tapa in Bar category and also in Restaurant category.
Some of the Previous Winners have been:
- 2018 Winner Puesto 43 this seafood restaurant on Plaza de Gracia won with their tapa ´sin raspa por favor´
- 2017 Winner La Milagrosa Irrevente Nicolas Chica with Slow Cooked Segureño Lamb with Loja Cream Cheese, dehydrated tomato from Zafarraya
- 2016 Winner Loewe Gastrobar Chechu González Bull Tail canelloni with mango and octopus
- 2015 Winner Boqué Bar Antonio Cañizares Fish Tomato & caviar
- 2014 Winner Mandala Egg foam with potatoes, chistorra and black pudding crackers
- 2013 Winner Panoramic 360 Secreto ibérico relleno de calabaza al ajillo envuelto en costra de frutos secos con cristal de patata, aire de queso de cabra
- 2012 Winner Carmen de San Miguel
- 2011 Winner Saffron Gastrobar Brocheta de pollo y manzana en tempura crujiente de Alhambra de 1925 sobre puré de aguacate tropical y jengibre
Make sure you see as many of the participating bars and restaurants over the days of the festival.
You may be lucky enough to savour one of the winners!
You might also like these other foodie posts:
- A Spanish Foodie glossary ; Pintxos, Tapas + Raciones
- 10 typical Granada tapas bars; My recommendations listed by style
- Eat in Granada – Dine out Like a Local in Andalusia