Things I love to do when I’m in London
- The Berkeley. In the Caramel Room. Served on Paul Smith Crockery, featuring the beautifully made Pret a Portea cakes based on the latest international catwalk collections.
- Fortum & Mason in the St James Restaurant (located on the 5th Floor of the store) They even have different options for Diabetics, people with gluten or dairy allergies too.
- Sketch on Conduit Street offer Afternoon tea with a modern twist.
- Read more here> Afternoon Teas in London
- Camden Lock. You just have to go there. An ecclectic mix of market stalls and shops selling everything you can imagine. Wonderful street food.
- Greek Food at Andy´s Taverna in Bayham St, just off Camden High St. Fresh Fish is flown in 3 times per week. Amazing roast lamb. Open lunchtimes and evening.
- Selfridges. my highlights are the Shoe Galleries which are fabulous to wander around. I also love the Food hall on the ground floor. (Bond St Tube)
- Harrods. Must see the food hall and the ornate ceilings. (Knightsbridge tube)
- Covent Garden. This is a must see area for any visitor. Great Street artists. Have a drink on the terrace. Great shopping at Seven Dials. There is even an Organic Pharmacy store in the area!
- Have a hot Curry on one of the restaurants along Brick Lane. (tube: Aldgate or Liverpool Street)
- Spitalfields. A vintage and retro paradise. Rockit & Absolute vintage. Brushfield Street/Brick Lane area.
- Kensington Rooms on Cromwell Road, London SW7
- Best Western The Cromwell on Cromwell Road, London SW7
- .I particularly like this area as it is well located between Earls Court and Gloucester Rd tube, on the Picadilly line, which doesn´t suffer many disruptions (Jubilee line argggh!) and you quickly reach the most popular areas to visit.
- The Caesar Hotel at Queens Gardens, Paddington. A four star Spanish run hotel offering great service to their customers
Useful for pricing, maps, routes etc TFL website
For a short trip. Best to get a day pass for the tube.
If staying 3 days or more. Better to get an oyster
If you need a Taxi transfer from the Airport. Airport Executive They offer competitive rates.
Other tips (untested)
- Blog of London Pubs and bars: Bar Chick
- 10 great pubs in London Wanderlust article
- J Sheekey Great seafood near to Convent Garden
- Leon Healthy Fast Food restaurants around London.
- Japanese food at Aqua Kyoto
- Dean St Townhouse Eatery offering Afternoon tea and more
- Goddard’s Pies since 1890 at Greenwich – 22 King William Walk
- Pesantissimo at 57 Regents Park Road 0207 483 8733 Generous portionsand great Italian food.
- Lupita at 15 Villiers St, Charing Cross tube Authentic Mexican Restaurant 0207 930 5355
- Automat American brasserie, 33 Dover Street Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or dinner.
- Denis Severs House at Folgate St in Spitalfields a Victorian home you can visit
- I really liked this article about Notting Hill